It happened. Delaney is now one year old.
It was fun. We threw a party. I over-exhausted myself on Pintrest party projects. Homemade invites. Homemade birthday decor. Homemade cupcakes & smash cake. This list goes on and on. Now that I think of it, I really am just a bit off my rocker. But that's another story.
Anyway...all that effort and the little lassie didn't even touch her smash cake. In fact, we attempted the cake twice (once for party go-ers & once for our little family) and the kid just wouldn't have it. She even slept through the first half of her party! Oh well, so goes the life of the hopeful mom. You can dream, but you just can't predict what kids have up their tiny sleeves.
Which leads me to the goings-on in our little abode. With D's first birthday under wraps, personalities are popping in this household. Delaney is on the move & jabbering "like a monkey in a tree". Depending on the big sister's mood, this may or may not sit well with Miss Emmersen.
Emme is a very good big sister. For the most part, she wants to be with Delaney. I can already see they are going to be great pals someday. But as sisterhood goes, we love to hate our sister. Emme is watching TV, Delaney turns it off. Emme is brushing a doll's hair, Delaney crawls over and grabs the brush. Emme's munching on Goldfish crackers, Delaney upsets the bowl trying to get in on the snack. All day long I hear the big sister cry, "Maaam! Delaney's doing (X,Y or Z)! Get her!!!" It's my own personal show of cat & mouse. I really can't help but snicker at the whole situation.
Emme is a "leader" as her teachers have labeled her. In layman's terms it means she is just plain bossy. She demands a lot from folks, especially the ones who love her most. My own mom gets a kick out of this and tells me my big girl is my "pay back".
Yes, Emme & I are two of a kind. Delaney, on the other hand, is so mellow I sometimes wonder how I gave birth to her. For the most part she is content as long as she has company. However, I have begun to notice that Delaney may have a sneaky side to her. She is starting to realize that certain things will get a rise out of her big sis and she does not hesitate to act. Today she took advantage of Emme's open closet and pulled the majority of Emme's hair bows off of the organizer on the closet door. I swear steam came out of Emme's ears. Delaney just sat on the floor and smiled at Emme then giggled and moved onto a new activity.
Sisters. XO my little buddies.
No comments:
Post a Comment