Monday, April 9, 2012

growed-up.

Sitting at the dinner table a few nights ago, Emme was very interested in the idea of when she is a "growed-up". Typically, when this topic arises, Emme will focus on the ideas that as a grown-up she will get married or drive a car or use a sharp knife to cut her own food. Obviously these are all things she sees good ol' mom & dad modeling.
During this particular conversation Emme sits up in her chair, gesturing with one hand and says, "Mom & Dad, when I'm a growed-up I am going to drink beer." Clay & I share a smile and I giggle a little as a beer sits in front of both our dinner plates. I acknowledge her statement and reassure her that, yes, she may drink beer when she is 21. Then Emme says, "And, Mom & Dad, when I'm a growed-up I'm going to say, 'sh*t'."

I guess mom & dad need to model a better language filter. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment