When the girls & I pulled up at Grandpa & Gran-D's house this evening, a perfectly polished, black Honda Pilot was parked in the garage. I mentioned to Emme, "Check out Grandpa's new ride." Emme says, "The big one? Whoa, that's a nice car!" The kid loves big cars. Big, "fancy" cars as she refers to them. DVD player, rear camera, plentiful seating, moon roof...the works. My car has na-da.
Grandpa happily gave Emme a tour of his new set of wheels. She sat confidently in the front passenger seat as Grandpa showed her all the bells & whistles the automobile had to offer. Her grin stretched from ear to ear as she was granted permission to crawl over the generous console and into the roomy back seat. She told Grandpa he need a booster seat to take her for a spin.
As we drove home Emme says to me, "Mom, we need a bigger car. Like, Grandpa's." I tell her it would be nice but explain bigger cars cost more money. Then my precious 3 1/2 year old girl says to me, "Then mom you need to go back to your store (I used to work in retail) and get some more money. Can you work on that, mom? Come on, mom, can you just figure it out?"
I guess I need to explain about not putting the cart before the horse, next.
No comments:
Post a Comment