Tuesday, June 5, 2012

procrastination.

It's been over a week since my last post. Truth is, I've just been plain lazy...

Funny when nothing's on the calendar, your life seems to feel busier. Between finishing unfinished home improvements, a teething 9 1/2 month old, a moody 3 1/2 year old, and a very sick pooch I seriously had to look at the calendar each morning to remind my brain what day it was. So, forgive me, if the past couple of nights all I wanted to do was to sit on the couch and have a big ol' bowl of ice cream instead of pecking away at the keyboard.

A few Emme one liners for your enjoyment:

- Driving to get ice cream after dinner last weekend, "Mom, are we going to that place? What's it called? Oh yeah, Beauty Queen?" Of course she was referring to Dairy Queen, but we were humored.

-Watching the Great Muppet Caper, "Mom, see Miss Piggy? That lady got her necklace stolen and she thinks Miss Piggy is the 'beef"." I clarified that Miss Piggy was suspected to be the "thief". And come to think of it, wouldn't she be the "pork"? Ha ha. Yeah, I know, I'm not funny. Sorry.

- Sitting on the couch, wiggling back and forth, patting her crotch. I ask, "Emme, do you have to go potty?" She replies, "No." I ask, "Well, why are you patting your pee pee?" Emme answers with a dreamy smile, "Because I luuuuuvvvv it." Oh man. Power to you, sister, I guess.

- Tonight, in the car, going to pick up our pup from the vet. I point out a restaurant I think might be an easy place for Clay & I to steal some kid-free time and actually go on a date (last one was when I was 9 mos pregnant last August). Emme pipes up in the back seat, "Yeah, Mom & Dad, you guys really do need to have a date. You should just go and I will take care of Delaney and you should just go have a nice time!" Thanks, kiddo, for the vote of confidence. XO

1 comment: