It's been a while. Over a year, actually. A lot of life has happened. Great moments, memorable ones. Moments of pure and utter joy. Moments where I feel like I'm getting things right. Really crappy, almost unbearable to wade through hard moments. Moments when my shoulders collapse and my head falls in my hands as I fight to hold back tears of disappointment in myself. And just spending the time moments. Moments I should have paid more attention to instead of the attention I was giving the to-do list. Moments I wish I could have a "do over". But that's not how it works, right? Time never stops.
My oldest starts kindergarten next week.
I have had a lump in my throat since I received the first email regarding the upcoming school year. I'm not ready. Not ready to let go. It may sound crazy, I know. I know parents who are ready to pull out the pom poms. They can't wait to see that yellow bus grinding up the road. I'm a bit freaked out.
Worry.
I worry if I did a good enough job teaching her about the hows, the whys, the whats, the whens. I worry I modeled the right way to be a good person & friend. Compassion, strength, empathy, confidence, understanding, willingness, honesty, grace, integrity. Did I do it right? God, I hope I did it right.
Remember life is worth it because of the ups and downs.
ReplyDeleteAlso, worrying is like chewing bubble gum...it gives you something to do, but does not accomplish anything.
Regards,
Clifford Mitchem
Advocare Distributor
Nutrition + Fitness = Health
www.AdvoCare.com/13087657