Sad that we would have to miss out on some fun with friends, my spirit was a tad crushed before I even got out of bed this morning. Luckily, Emme's brain was loaded with little nuggets of humor to keep my frown turned upside-down. Thank goodness she has her Pop's quick wit!
Emme's response to going with Kimmy (my sister) to the nail salon-
Emme: "Kimmy, I don't want to go to the nail salon."
Kim: "Why?"
Emme: "I'm getting really tired of that place."
This was funny not only because of the whiny way she said it, but because she & Kim have a standing date every other Saturday morning to get their nails done. I guess you can get too much of a good thing?*************************
At the start of dinner tonight-
Emme: "Guys! We need to toast! Cheers to mom's real birthday tomorrow!"
Then she asked if she could blow into my & Clay's beer bottles to make a "toot" noise. Yes, Clay taught her that trick.
*************************
Waiting for me to assist her on the toilet after a #2-
Emme: "Mom, I'm done and my poopy's not brown!"
Me: "It's not?" (a little concerned)
Emme: "Nope, it's not brown!"
Me: "Well, what color is it?"
Emme: "It's...blonde!"
The excitement in her voice confirmed that, maybe blondes are more fun. Even "blonde" poopies.
Sorry for the last one, but it was too funny not to mention. Maybe it was a you-had-to-be-there kind of moment, but funny none the less.
Now, tomorrow is a new week. Delaney's fever has finally broken. And I will be another year older. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment