Sunday, January 15, 2012

far out

Watching a baby discover her body parts is quite humorous. Delaney is currently fascinated with her hands. She will stare at them, intently, for long periods of time watching her fingers open and shut. I know, I know. This is supposed to be sweet and I am supposed to say, "Awww!" But seriously, all I can do is laugh because her expression kills me! Let me explain.

Delaney will be chillin' in my lap or one of the many baby lounging apparatus' littered about our house when all of a sudden she catches a glimpse of her hand out of the corner of her eye. She's locked in. Pupils are engaged, mouth is soft, she is in a trance. She brings one hand up in front of her face and rotates her wrist from side to side. Whoa. Then her fingers wave back and forth real slow. Cool. Next, she pulls her fingers together and opens and closes them against her thumb, kind of like she is making her hand "talk". Far out.

Two words came to mind when I first experienced Delaney's discovery... acid trip. Awful, I know. But to watch the facinated, dream-like expression on her face when her little fingers move, it really is funny.  Oh, Delaney, so mellow. Here's hoping you remain that way throughout your life, pal. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment