Sunday, January 8, 2012

It was a witch.

Thank goodness for Delaney and her bright smile on the mornings when I could really just roll over and go back to bed. Last night's slumber was interrupted a number of times due to both ladies needing momma's attention. Delaney can't help wrestling me awake, the kid's got an empty belly and an appetite. Emmersen, on the other hand, had a more unneccessary, but creative reason.

It all started around 1:30 am. Emme calls out, "Mom!" She is startled and wants to come into our bed. I'm too tired to argue. Clay & I part ways to hang onto the edges of our bed while Emme stretches out in the middle and starts honkin' z's as soon as her head hits my pillow.

4:30 am, after feeding Delaney, I carry Emme's limp little body back to her bed and slump back into mine. 6:30 am, Emme startles us again with a call to "Mom!" and winds up back in our bed to finish out the morning.

Chatting over our morning drinks (me-coffee, Emme-warm apple juice) I inquire what was amiss last night that caused Emme to wind up sleeping with mom & dad. Emme's response was as follows:

Me: "Em, what was going on last night? Were you scared?"
Emme: "Yes."
Me: "What were you scared of?"
Emme: "A witch."
Me: "There was a witch? Where?"
Emme: "She was in my bed."
Me: "Oh. Well, what was she doing in your bed?"
Emme: "She was drinking beers."

No comments:

Post a Comment