Wednesday, January 4, 2012

she loves me, she loves me not

Oh, my little Emmersen. I still haven't figured you out and I know the answer to your antics lies in me.

You are demanding. I know your Nan Nan would say you are strong. Your Nan Nan also says that I am demanding. So, where does that leave us? Two strong & demanding minds challenging one another to see who comes out on top. Usually, you win. I get tired or have to retreat to tend to Delaney.

Today, you woke up and wanted to love on me. We snuggle. Then, I tell you it is time to get dressed. You run to your room to stall for an hour by emptying most of the contents of your drawers. After you realize I am not entertained by your dilly-dallying, you surrender but need to get dressed BY. MY. SELF....

In the car, you sweeten me up as I buckle your seat belt. "I love you, Mommy (with my face cupped in your hands). And you say so peacefully, "I'm going to be a good listener and take a nap today." Music to my ears, but I know better.

The afternoon changed your mood when I reminded you it was time to rest. "I'm not talking to you right now." And you marched down the hall, away from your bedroom, leaving me with saggy shoulders and a bewildered look on my face. Three hours later, I'm confused, you're annoyed, and still no nap.

You watch Arthur and you love me again. We have a nice dinner where you actually sit in your chair and eat and even take your bath without arguement. Daddy comes home late from work but is still ready to read to you and put you to bed. You're sweet again, "Mommy, I love you. See you in the morning." Until tomorrow, pal. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment